Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas

Thankfully Christmas day didn't start super early at our house.  Andrew came upstairs right around 7 a.m. so I turned on a movie in our room for him to watch while we waited for the girls to wake up.  We finally forced Jim out of bed at 8:20 and we were off to eat our traditional cinnamon rolls before going in to see all the 'joy' Santa brought this year.  The kids were extremely excited and kept trying to peek through the doors to see their gifts.  Soon it was time!


Vanessa was a little confused by all the stuff and didn't quite know what to do.


She wandered for a little bit


while Andrew and Ally dug right in.


Then Vanessa realized that some of this fabulous, new stuff was for her



And there was no stopping her once she found her stroller and new baby




Andrew and Ally were both very happy with their Santa gifts too




Andrew quickly piled all of his 'treasures'


Then it was time for the stockings and wrapped presents






Even Jim was happy with his stocking gifts (his present was running shoes which I was not about to pick out for him so he just got an IOU).


Of course Rocky and Dixie had to be included in all the festivities and mess.



Besides her stroller
 



I think Vanessa's favorite thing were the oranges in the stockings








It was a fabulous Christmas morning enjoyed by all!  The best part was all of us being together, celebrating the birth of our Savior.  I am so grateful for this time of year to celebrate the Savior with all the decorations, lights, music and Spirit we feel.  I really do wish I could make it last all year long

No comments:

//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));