Last night was the Marks family's first Scout Blue and Gold banquet. The theme was 'Cubs in Hollywood' and I have to say, our cubmaster and her committee are amazing!!! You would not believe what they did. I of course didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures but the decorations were amazing. They had a red carpet for the boys to walk to receive their awards, a dress up picture booth so families could get their pictures taken and they even had 'Oscars' for the boys.
Each boy had to decorate a cake to be judged and then served as dessert after dinner. Andrew and I decided to stay with the 'Hollywood' theme and made a clapboard cake. I have to say, for Andrew having a non-creative, not crafty mom, his cake turned out pretty impressive. He was happy with it and to me, that's all that matters.
He really enjoyed the night and all the fun that came with it! I'm glad he is enjoying Scouts so much. If only his mom was better at helping him fulfill his requirements. Up next, pinewood derby! Wish us (and by us I mean him and Jim) luck!
1 comment:
You did AWESOME! I love it. Glad you all had fun. :D
Post a Comment