Monday, October 17, 2011

Austin Texas

Jim and I try to go to an away BYU football game every year. This year we chose to go to the Texas game. We picked this game because 1) neither of us have been to Austin, 2) we figured it would be a good game against a very good team, and 3) (the best reason for me) my sister Tricia and her husband live there. It was a two-for-one trip, we got to see BYU play and we got to spend time with Trish and Tim, the perfect trip! We got there late Thursday night so we hung out for a bit with them and then went to bed. Friday we slept in a bit (hey, what would be a vacation without kids if you don't take advantage of being able to sleep in) and then we went for some yummy tex-mex for lunch. After lunch we went to the capitol building which Tricia told us is bigger than our nation's capitol in D.C. Pretty cool! Yep, they do everything big in Texas ;). The capitol truly is amazing!!!



I absolutely loved all the detail work from the wood to the light fixtures to the doorknobs and hinges. I really should have been an architect. Maybe my next life.



We went back to Trish and Tim's house and hung out with both of them and went and grabbed dinner.


The next day we got all dolled up in our team gear ready for the game.


(Every time I see this picture I hear the Sesame Street song "one of these things is not like the other" in my head.)


(Aren't they so cute?? I love these two!!!)

We decided to go walk around the campus for a bit before the game. It's a really pretty campus. I especially loved the tower. Tricia told me there was a giant bronze bull somewhere on campus but after walking around and around we gave up on finding it, much to my disappointment.


And then it was into the stadium we went. A girl that used to work with Jim hooked us up with some amazing tickets! We were on the 35 yard line, row 7. In a stadium that seat 100,000 people, our seats really could not have been better! We are so grateful for Christy!


Then it was gametime! I love the beginning of games! The anticipation! The excitement! Plus, there's just something about when the players and coaches come onto the field, so fun!!


It was a great game! This was Trish at the beginning...


Then Texas started coming back and she became happier.


And this picture sums up how we felt at the end of the game


Yes, BYU lost. It was really cool to see how Texas celebrates their wins. All the players go to the end of the stadium where the band is and everyone sings the school song. While they are singing there is a shot of the tower on the big screen and then the lights on the tower switch to orange.


It was really cool. Even though BYU lost,


we still had a great time at the game and were really glad we got to go!


It was a great trip! Jim and I had so much fun! It was so great to get to spend time with Tricia and Tim and see where they now call home. A very, VERY special thanks to my mom and Kelly who came and watched our kids so we could go on this fabulous trip!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Everytime I look at these pictures (everyday!) they make me smile...especially the one of Jim crying in his nachos - HA! But they also make me miss you too much so please, please PLEASE come back!

//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));