and asked about 100 times when we were going to do the pinata. Finally, it was time. Ally was first. She didn't know how to hold the bat so my sweet nephew Steven helped her learn the way a baseball player holds a bat.
She had a few good swings
and then it was Andrew's turn.
He took off the leg with his first swing. Then came Steven.
I made the mistake of standing on the opposite side of the pinata to get pictures. Steven took one swing and all the candy came flying at me. The kids walked away with HUGE bags of candy. They were all happy. All of the excitement wore poor Vanessa out.
I had planned on doing some 'Minute to Win It' games also but by the time some of the adults (me, Mel and Dave) got into the house the kids and Dorothy were downstairs playing Guitar Hero. They were having so much fun I didn't have the heart to pull them away from it. I really lucked out when it comes to in-laws, they don't feel like in-laws at all, they are my family and I feel like I have been part of their family always. My nephews are so sweet and amazing with my kids even though they are quite a bit older. My kids love being with them!! We are truly blessed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment