Our sweet Dixie had to have surgery yesterday. She had a hematoma in her right ear and two tumors removed. The one tumor was just fatty tissue but the vet is sending the other tumor for a biopsy 'cause it looked suspicious to him. She stayed overnight at the office yesterday so we went and picked her up this morning. Our house felt very weird and lonely without her here last night. I kept looking for her and still worried about tripping over her when I got up with Vanessa. She is thankfully doing well and we are so very happy to have her home. Ally is a little afraid of her right now because of the cone on her head and the incision she can see on her side. Hopefully she'll warm up to her in time since right now she runs away every time the poor dog gets near her. I even caught her 'hiding' on the dining room table earlier today. You would have thought she'd seen a mouse. I'm so glad all went well and hopefully Dixie will be feeling back to her old self soon.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Poor, Poor Dixie
Our sweet Dixie had to have surgery yesterday. She had a hematoma in her right ear and two tumors removed. The one tumor was just fatty tissue but the vet is sending the other tumor for a biopsy 'cause it looked suspicious to him. She stayed overnight at the office yesterday so we went and picked her up this morning. Our house felt very weird and lonely without her here last night. I kept looking for her and still worried about tripping over her when I got up with Vanessa. She is thankfully doing well and we are so very happy to have her home. Ally is a little afraid of her right now because of the cone on her head and the incision she can see on her side. Hopefully she'll warm up to her in time since right now she runs away every time the poor dog gets near her. I even caught her 'hiding' on the dining room table earlier today. You would have thought she'd seen a mouse. I'm so glad all went well and hopefully Dixie will be feeling back to her old self soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));
1 comment:
I'm so sorry Dixie (and you guys!) had to go thru that!! Let me know when you hear back about test. Ally sounds hilarious as ever :P
Post a Comment