Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Big Girl Bike Rider
Ally is now riding her bike without training wheels. She basically taught herself, with the help of a neighbor girl and our next door neighbors' son's bike. The bike is a small bike so it made it really easy for her to learn. She'd been trying to ride it for a few days but could only pedal on her own for a few seconds and then would tip over. Saturday the kids were playing out front with all their friends. I looked out the window to check on them and she was pedaling down the road. She was so excited!! I hurried to get Jim and the camera so we could watch her. She kept going and going. I was amazed. I told her I would take the training wheels off her bike so she could ride it. She didn't want me to because she didn't think she could ride her bike without training wheels since it is bigger than Landon's. Landon wanted to ride his bike so I finally convinced her to let me take them off. She hopped on and took off. After that all she did was ride her bike. It's so fun to see her riding on her own. The added bonus, Jim and I didn't have to teach her ;).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));
1 comment:
That's exactly what Brayden did, he's been riding his bike for almost a year now. I didn't think he was old enough and one day Dale took off the training wheels and away he went. How would it be to be a kid again, they pick things up so easy!!!
Post a Comment