I first want to preface this post with a statement. I am not judging any woman on the things she either chooses to do or has to do for her family! I had to be a working mom for financial reasons until Andrew was three and then for mental reasons chose to go back to work when Ally was six months old until she was three. I then felt that for my kids and my family it was best for me to quit my job and stay at home with my kids. I don't fault ANY woman for working. I think we all do things we have to do for us and our families! I just had a reaffirming moment recently and need to blog about it for myself because I still have those moments where I struggle with being a stay at home mom. When I see new cars, the new seasonal fashions, deal with tantrums, fighting, doing the same things over and over, not feeling like I am appreciated I think that if I had my job I would be able to purchase those things and I would have time for myself where I can use my brain and talk to people other than the little people who scream at me.
Recently a friend of mine called me because her daughter left her first day of Kindergarten and didn't want to go to daycare while her mom had to go to work. I had her bring her daughter to me so I could watch her. After watching her daughter hug her mom four different times before she would let her leave and then sitting with this little five year old helping her with her 'homework' and reading her packet of class information to her and listening her talk to me so excitedly about her day, I realized that I am EXACTLY where I need, and WANT to be! I am here for my kids each and every day when they get home from school. I am here to make sure they do their homework and I am the one to help them with their homework. I am the one they share their day with. It hit me really hard today that I am so grateful I have this opportunity to be at home with my kids. I am grateful that I have a wonderful husband who works so hard so I can be right where I am and right where I know I am supposed to be. It's not easy! There are definitely days that I think it would be easier to drop my kids off at daycare and go to work so I don't have to deal with all the fighting and tantrums. I am just grateful for these small experiences during certain days that serve as reminders that I am where I am supposed to be.
1 comment:
I hear ya!
Post a Comment