Friday, May 20, 2011
Kindergarten Graduation
The sweet Kindergarten teachers at our school put together the cutest graduation this year. At the beginning Ally's teacher read a poem the teachers had written for the kids.
You are a very special person
And you should know,
How I loved to have you in my care
How fast the year did go!
Please come back to visit me
As through the grades you go
Try hard to learn all that you can
There is so much to know
One thing I tried to teach you
To last your whole life through,
Is to know that you are special
Just because, you are you!
You Rock!!
Then each class performed a couple of their favorite songs they learned this year
and then each student had their names called and received a diploma.
At the end the principal came in and performed a cute song they wrote to the tune of Frank Sinatra's 'New York, New York' entitled 'First Grade, First Grade.' You could see how much the end of the year affected the teachers. They were super cute and requested that each student invite them to their high school graduation in 2023. Wow! I can't believe Ally will be graduating that far away but I know it's going to come much sooner than I want it to. She's already done with Kindergarten and it seems like she was just born yesterday.
After the graduation there was a little reception in the classroom where the students and parents could say proper goodbyes to the teachers. I have absolutely adored Ally's teacher this year! She has the greatest personality and is so sweet to each and every one of her students. She knows each of their personalities and uses them to her and the student's advantage, she didn't ever try to squash their personalities. At one parent/teacher conference she told me that Ally was a party planner and she had her help on special projects. She has made learning so much fun for Ally. It was so sweet to see her tearing up when she was taking pictures and saying goodbye to her students.
What do you do when you're almost two to entertain yourself during graduation? When you're Vanessa you talk to and play with the wall
It was a fun day to spend with Ally and all her friends. Even though I'm sad she's growing so fast, I look forward to watching her as she continues to learn and grow. I really hope she continues to have the enthusiasm she currently has for learning new things. She has such a fun loving attitude and is willing to help anyone, I really hope that never changes.
Here's to a fun summer and then it's off to first grade!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));
No comments:
Post a Comment