Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blessings of Friends

So, I have quite a few things I still need to update on our blog, but had to take the time to write this one first. I really didn't know that I should post this because I am just letting everybody know how crazy I truly am. But after much thought I felt that if I didn't mention it I won't be being grateful for the blessings in my life. Without going into too much detail, I have been quite down lately. After many, MANY heartfelt prayers I was sure that my prayers were not being answered. Then it hit me yesterday. After receiving a phone call out of the blue from a friend just calling to check on me, I realized that my prayers were being answered, I just didn't recognize it. Shopping Monday with a friend, spending time Tuesday shopping, chatting at the park and just being with close friends, and my phone call yesterday made me realize my answer is my friends. True friends who are willing to listen and not judge (no matter how crazy I really am), be a shoulder to cry on, and give much needed advice. All of them were there for me not knowing that they were answers to my prayers. I am so grateful to be blessed with such wonderful friends who are there for me even when they don't know they need to be. Thanks to all of you!! I couldn't survive without you!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Well Candace, it goes both ways! There have been more than just a few times, when YOU have been an answer to other people's prayers... including my own! And I think the best part about our struggles, is that it helps us to realize that we're NOT alone... even though at times it feels like it.

cold cocoa said...

I feel like a lame neighbor! You are good at hiding your down-ness, though I wish you wouldn't so I could make you dinner or watch your darling children while you get a pick-me-up pedicure!

It's so true though that people around us are given to us to help us through the rough times.

be you blithe and bonny said...

Candace, whether I say it often or not, I will always be here, there, everywhere for you anytime!
Ears, shoulders, etc.

Love you bunches!

thescotts said...

I love you Can!

//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));